"St. Mary's Cemetery - a simple yet lovely country burial ground lying like a jewel amid the encircling hills."
Although the Parish of St. Mary's was re-named to "Mary Immaculate of Lourdes" at the consecration of the new church building on Thanksgiving Day, 1910, the Parish Cemetery retained its name of St. Mary's.
Mary Immaculate of Lourdes Parish Church (270 Elliot Street, Newton, Massachusetts 02464) is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Designed by architect Edwin P.T. Graham, its interior decorations were painted by the Roman artist Gonippo Raggi, and the stained glass windows were made by Munich's Zettler Stained Glass Studio.
The Parish Church is located about one mile down the road from St. Mary's Cemetery, (Central Avenue, Needham, to Elliot Street, Newton Upper Falls).
"St. Mary's Cemetery - a simple, yet lovely country burial ground lying like a jewel amid the encircling hills. Truly, here is a sacred tribute to God's love and mercy." - Parish Centenary Yearbook, 1970